Wednesday, April 6, 2011

INTRODUCTION

     This is the story of a family, the Holms'.  It's the story of five kid's struggle to cope with loss, heartache and tragedy.  It's the story of how, in an instant, unexpected events can change everything you know to be true and good and right and how your whole world can be turned upside down, changing everything about who you are or ever were going to be.  It is my story as seen through my eyes.  It is a story that is in my heart desiring to be told.  As the title suggests there were five of us kids; Me (Debbie), Jill, Rick, Dean and Reisa in that order.  The story at times is different as seen through their eyes but theirs is not my story to tell.  I only have my own version of things.  Whether it is interesting to anyone else or not remains to be seen.  It is written in memory of my mother and father, both now deceased and in honoring my brothers and sisters who have traveled this journey too in their own way.  I love you all.  This is a picture of our family in 1973:


All the Holms' June 1973
Back Row: Reisa, Sue, Dean, Richard
.  Front Row: Jill, Debbie, Richy,

No comments:

Post a Comment